I don’t know what it’s about these three components mixed, however this braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes dish is my new favourite simple dinner recipe! Good for St Patricks Day dinner!
I don’t love St Patrick’s Day. I can’t ever assume up something cute and the traps, ohhhhh the traps! They’re so enjoyable and I like watching the children work for hours on them, however I’m additionally not artful so I don’t simply have doodads and whatsits mendacity round ready to be artified.
Final 12 months I used to be feeling all of the feels of an inkling that we’d be shifting quickly after which the dreaded St Paddy’s Day hit. I instantly requested my good friend Megan why we needed to rejoice and he or she got here again with, “simply do the ol’ cabbage, sausage and potatoes in a single pot and be achieved.”
Wait what? No whining alongside me? She truly had a plan?! And so I did, I adopted her instance and recipe and voila! Dinner was achieved in 30 and it was scrumptious! WHY IS IT DELICIOUS!? It’s actually 3 components however everybody ate the entire darn factor. AND what was leftover I put within the Meals Saver and froze it and oh my goodness, it completely held up completely just a few weeks later once we had it once more!
Are you prepared for the 6 (presumably 7) components you have to make this fast and simple dinner? That is what you will want:
- Sausage: you should utilize any sort of sausage you need…rooster, turkey, pork, and many others…bratwurst additionally works or a kielbasa
- Potatoes: I choose the flavour of Yukon Gold potatoes, however crimson potatoes would additionally work or simply plain Russets, peeling is optionally available
- Purple or Yellow Onion: both sort works nice, it simply is dependent upon which taste your choose
- Cabbage: common inexperienced cabbage is my go-to, however you would additionally use crimson. When you’re utilizing this for St Patricks Day, then the extra inexperienced the higher!
- Olive Oil: helps caramelize the onions
- Salt and Pepper: provides taste
- Garlic: that is completely optionally available, it tastes nice with out it, nevertheless it does add scrumptious taste if you’re a garlic fan
The measurements for every ingredient may be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of this submit.
Ideas for Making Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes
- Minimize the potatoes to be the identical measurement in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Use a dutch oven, it caramelizes the onions and cooks the sausage and potatoes completely.
- Don’t use too excessive of warmth when cooking. The onions will begin to burn at first else cooks by way of.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Simple: you solely want 6 (presumably 7) components, and it’s all made in a single pot which makes it tremendous simple to wash up and the prep work is minimal
- Fast: you’ll be able to have dinner on the desk in half-hour
- Cheap: you solely want just a few components and all of the components are simple on the funds
- Household Pleasant: it’s uncommon I develop a recipe that the entire household loves, however everybody beloved and devoured this one!
Can This Be Made within the On the spot Pot?
Sure, this recipe works nice within the On the spot Pot. You’ll wish to prepare dinner the potatoes first. Peel and slice the potatoes to the dimensions you need after which toss them into the On the spot Pot for 2-3 minutes on excessive stress. Then let it pure launch for 5-10 minutes. Take away the lid and change it to saute mode and add just a little olive oil. Add the onions, sausage and cabbage and prepare dinner it till the potatoes are beginning to get golden, the onions are translucent and the cabbage is cooked down. Salt and pepper to style.
Storing, Reheating and Freezing Cabbage, Sausage and Potatoes
Braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes needs to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge, and it’ll maintain for as much as 3 days.
I’ve discovered that reheating this dish works nice within the microwave. Simply zap it for 1-2 minutes relying on how a lot you’re warming up.
This dish freezes nice like I discussed above! Retailer in an hermetic and freezer secure container for as much as 3 months. If you wish to use the Meals Saver, it would maintain for as much as 6 months.
This braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes recipe is a straightforward however hearty dinner recipe that’s so satisfying! It checks all of the containers for a fantastic St Patricks Day dinner, however I’m making this one all 12 months spherical!
Watch How one can Make One Pot Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes Video
Extra St Patrick’s Day Recipes:
Drizzle olive oil in a dutch oven and add the sausages and potatoes over medium excessive warmth.
Prime with onions after which cabbage and season properly with salt and pepper and garlic if utilizing.
Place the lid on and cut back the warmth to medium, stirring about each 10 minutes for half-hour. Season extra if wanted and serve.
Really useful Merchandise
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Candy Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
If you attempt a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for an opportunity to be featured in our tales! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES